Clock

Title

Clock

Description

Master clock from the Kemano powerhouse, 1954-1978. This clock was used by operators in the powerhouse control room to monitor the timing of the generators. Before B.C. Hydro was introduced to Kitimat, that timing was vital for citizens' electric clocks. The accuracy of the master clock was checked often, but as Alcan retiree Al Kubik mentioned to Museum staff, the clock kept perfect time. Many far-afield telephoned the powerhouse to obtain the correct time. At the end of its life, the clock was presented to Jack Montgomery, powerhouse maintenance coordinator, at the time of his retirement in 1985, and he in turn, donated it to the Kemano Museum for the people of Kemano.

Identifier

2001.32.10

Subject

Alcan Project History

Contributor

Guest, Teresa

Files

http://collections.kitimatmuseum.ca/files/alcan_project_history/BC_Digital_Collection_016.jpg

Citation

“Clock,” Kitimat Museum & Archives Collections, accessed July 6, 2022, https://search.kitimatmuseum.ca/items/show/2890.

Social Bookmarking